Tuesday 3 January 2012

Photo 4- Letterbox

When I think of letterboxes, this is what I think of, the good ole British Pillarbox.
Letterboxes have always been close to my heart. Weird I know, but it used to be the only way to communicate for me.
Before computers I used to look forward to receving my mail this way. I have lived away from Ole Blighty for near on 20 years now and so this was how I kept in touch for most of that time.
When I worked in Canada, one of my duties was to collect the mail. It was a favourite part of my day, as I usually got at least one letter from friends overseas. I have some really great friends, who knew that I needed their support while I was away.
The same thing happens now, except I just have to turn on my computer and there are their messages and now photos and videos too! What technology we have now.

1 comment: